Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memorial Weekend - Sunday 5/26/13

With the sun coming up early I decided to travel down to Ohio and head on to Magee Marsh.  I figured one more trip in the month of May couldn't hurt.  When I got there - there weren't very many cars but as the morning progressed the people started heading in.  As usual everyone had their "hot spots".  There were a lot of American Redstarts (female) and someone had mentioned they hoped to see a male, but I was there 4 hours and never saw one.  But I did see these and a few others:
 
American Redstart (female)

 
House Wren

 
Common Yellowthroat

 
Canada Warbler

 
Warbling Vireo

 
Wilson Warbler

 
Magnolia Warbler

 
Northern Water-thrush
 
This was pretty much my trip, even if I hadn't seen a bird, walking this boardwalk is really something.  Til my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment