Sunday, February 1, 2015

Last Shots for January - 1/31/15

Busy Day.  Started off by going down to the River (Southfield and Jefferson) to see if there were any Eagles or ducks.  There were a few Eagles near the back of the island and a few Mallards nothing more. I did manage to get a sunrise at 8:15 and thinking the sun was going to stay up I decided to go to Lake Erie Metro Park.  Oops got to make a stop behind Speedboat on St John's first, no Mallards just three Canvasbacks and three Redheads.

Now on my way to LEMP and the sun has disappeared, thinking it's gone I'll just stay and walk the trail and see what might appear.  There's a couple of Blue Jays, Cardinals, Chickadees on the outer rim so maybe there'll be something on the trail.  No movement until I'm almost out of the trail and I spot movement under some brush, a Carolina Wren.  She never came out, but I did manage a shot to ID her.

Since the sun decided to come out and play I decided to head down to Roberts Rd where I found nothing. I wasn't going to go down Campau Rd but I figured, "might as well, you never know."  So happy I did.  Managed some shots of Chickadees (not shown), American Tree Sparrows, a Downy Woodpecker, a Red-bellied Woodpecker, Goldfinches (not shown), a White-throated Sparrow, White-breasted Nuthatches and Song Sparrows.

Oh yeah did I mention my shot of the day, a Bald Eagle.

Well that was it for the day. Have a Safe Weekend.

Sunrise at 8:15 a.m.

Canvasbacks

Canvasbacks

Redhead

Redheads (guessing father and son)

Carolina Wren

Cardinal

Downy Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-throat Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Song Sparrow

American Tree Sparrow

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Bald Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment