Thursday, April 23, 2015

April in Review 2015

The last time I posted was March 12th and that was when I found the Great Horned Owl out at Pte. Mouillee.  Time to update my blog with photos taken in April.  I know, April isn't done yet but there's no time like the present to get myself caught up.

April gave me an Eastern Towhee in my backyard for the first time.  This just might mean I'm doing something right it making it bird friendly.
Eastern Towhee

I went out to Kensington for the first time since 1973, glad I made the trip.  This gave me the opportunity to see the Sandhill Cranes on their nest along with the Mute Swans.  I got to see the Great Egrets and Blue Herons setting up house in the trees.
Sandhill Cranes
Another time out at Kensington was with my son Charles, who just got himself a camera and he wanted to test different settings on the camera.
My son Charles
A trip out to Magee Marsh turned out to be a bust.  There were a lot of Hermit Thrushes, Red-winged Blackbirds and Grackles.  A Yellow-rump appeared along with a Kinglet.  Beautiful day - just no birds.  They've done a lot of work on the boardwalk out there.  The section that runs along the stream in the back is all new.
Hermit Thrush
Can't wait for the weather to clear up to what it was about two (2) weeks ago.  I'll even take just sunny.

The rest of the photos take during April can be found at http://www.pbase.com/edit_gallery/gamburpr/april_in_review_2015

No comments:

Post a Comment