Saturday, October 20, 2018

A New Adventure For 2018

A new experience this year, raising butterflies.  I started August 18th and ended September 28th.  I raised four (4) Monarchs and nine (9) Black Swallowtails.  I also had some BST caterpillars but left them alone since the season was coming to an end.  I figured if they formed a chrysalis successfully I would bring in the chrysalis to over-winter for next year.  So far grew to a size that I thought they would form a chrysalis but disappeared.  I have three more growing in the rue.  This will be a waiting period to see what happens.  Next year I will be better prepared.



I am planning my garden placement now including the seeds that I got at the plant swap in September. Have to plan the Host plants and the Nectar plants.  May have to get another habitat, hoping for more than just Black Swallowtails and Monarchs.

This was a great experience.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you blogging again, Patricia! I just found you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete