Saturday, October 20, 2018

End of the Month 8/30/2014

Decided to venture out Saturday since I haven't been out for a few months. My friend and co-worker Jerry Jourdan suggested that I go to Lake Erie Metro Park.  Warblers should be moving through and that would be a good place to start.

My plan for the day was to go to LEMP first to scope out the area around the parking lot and then make my way to Roberts Road and then back to LEMP.  As I made my way to the parking lot there sitting out in the open was a Red-tail Hawk.  I managed at least 20 shots of him without him flying away, in fact he was still sitting there when I left the park to head on down the road. 

Everything seemed quiet on Roberts Road, except for the birders going to get their last glimpse of the shore birds in cell three.  I stay by the gate, usually there's a lot of bird activity.  I said usually. There I was walking the road hoping for even a butterfly when suddenly there it was a Ruby-throat Hummingbird.  He fluttered all around the orange flowers and at one point even stopped and perched on a branch for a rest.  After about 100 photos of him I decided enough and moved on to the next spot - I like to sit in certain spots where I have been able to photograph a number of birds.

After my little trek down Roberts Road I decided to walk the trail at LEMP - unfortunately I wasn't able to make it half way around when the battery died on my camera.

Because I am having trouble placing my photos where I want to - here is what I photographed in the order taken.










No comments:

Post a Comment