Friday, May 23, 2014

Detroit Zoo - May 18, 2014

With Mother's Day behind us the kids and I decided to either go to Greenfield Village or the Detroit Zoo.  Since I hadn't been to the zoo in a long time the choice was made.  Greenfield Village would have to wait until next weekend. 

I was very impressed by how clean the zoo was and how well the animals looked, it certainly didn't look like the zoo I knew.

With camera in tow I took pictures of probably every animal there - well maybe I missed a few.  Really should leave some for next visit, especially the Butterfly and Bird House.

Here is a sample of what you will find in the Butterfly and Bird House:

 
African Monarch

 
Jambu Fruit Dove (male)
 
 
Long-wing, Tiger
 
 
Postman

 
Long-wing, Hewitsoni

 
Long-wing, Tiger

 
Morpho, Blue

 
Red-billed Leiothrix (would like to go back just to get a cleaner photo)

 
Tiger-wing, Cream Spotted

 
Bare-faced Curassow
 
 
Because this post would probably go on forever, I've decided to do this in two. Now let's move on to my second post for the Zoo - the Animals...




No comments:

Post a Comment