Sunday, May 25, 2014

Magee Marsh - May 23, 2014

Decided to give myself a long weekend, so I took my last floating holiday (not to worry still have 20 vacations days to take) and go down to Magee Marsh this morning.  I wasn't sure what I was going to see there since I don't know how long the birds hang around after the biggest week of birding ends.

The first photo taken was a family of geese (photographed 5 babies - there were 6 the other one was closer to mom).  I saw Canada Warblers, Wilson's Warbler, Indigo Bunting, Baltimore Orioles, Yellow Warblers, American Red-starts (female), Warbling Vireo's, Common Yellow-throats, Prothonotary Warbler, Gray Catbird, House Wrens, Thrush (not sure which one) and three Night Hawks (all in different locations).

Here's what I photographed:

 
Baltimore Oriole

 
Canada Warbler

 
Gray Catbird

 
House Wren

 
Night Hawk

 
Prothonotary Warbler

 
Wilson's Warbler

 
Yellow Warbler
 
Tomorrow Greenfield Village...

No comments:

Post a Comment