Tuesday, March 3, 2015

End of The Month - February 28, 2015

With it being the end of the month and the sun was coming up I decided to go out and see what there was to photograph.  My outing started with Starbuck's, a stop at the river to see if there was anything and to possibly shoot a sunrise.  Steam was coming off the river, there were no Eagles however, there was a Bufflehead (female), a Canvasback (male) and a Merganser.  I would have stopped behind Speedboat but I decided to catch it later. 

Moved on down to Lake Erie Metro Park where there were some very cooperative deer to photograph.  These guys don't run away, they kind of stop and stare at you. There were some White-throat Sparrows on the ground which was pretty much it.



Next stop down to Pte. Mouillee and Reaume Rd, as I turned the corner I noticed something sitting in a tree, "too big to be a hawk" I thought so I approached as slow as I could so I wouldn't cause it to take flight.  An Eagle, moved up very slowly snapping a few frames every now and then.  Finally I found myself under the Eagle and managed one good shot.

 
From here I went down to Campau Rd, usually there are birds at the gate.  The water there was still frozen and at the gate there were American Tree Sparrows, House Finches, a White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-winged Blackbirds, Black-capped Chickadees and a Red-bellied Woodpecker.
 
American Tree Sparrow
 
House Finch (female)

House Finch (male)
 
White-breasted Nuthatch
 
Black-capped Chickadee
 

Red-winged Blackbird
 
Red-bellied Woodpecker
 
After sitting here for about 2 hours I decided to head home, thaw out, put my battery in the charger and then head out again in an hour.  Next stop, Southfield and Jefferson.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment